Tracheal Stenosis Stent
It is a tracheal stent of easy implant and removal. It is especially suitable for the benign stenosis treatment (for example for COVID-19 post-intubation stenosis).
With a 14, 15 and 16 mm diameter on its edges and a 12, 13 and 14 mm diameter respectively on its central portion, constitutes a profile that increase the difficulty of its spontaneous displacement after being introduced.
The stents for tracheal stenosis (SET) have a 5 mm longer version: “L” (see table of dimensions).
These variants are how Stening® responds to the needs on treatment for special clinical situations.
- Simple tracheal stenosis
- Complex and long tracheal stenosis
- Stenosis combined with malacia or compression
- After laser resection, cryotherapy or electrocautery, to maintain the airway opened
- Post infectious stenosis (endobronchial tuberculosis, histoplasmosis mediastinal fibrosis, herpes virus, diphtheria)
- Post anastomosis surgical tracheal stenosis
- Architecture modifications, deformity, bending (senile trachea)
- Extrinsic compression