Stening® Solid Stent MS03M (spigot)
Stening® Solid Stents are made out of silicone and intended for bronchial occlusion in the treatment of different bronchopleural pulmonary affections such as the bronchopleural fistula and persistent air loss in pneumothorax cases that cannot be treated with conventional surgery.
Stening® solid stents are radiopaque and may be white or pale yellow in color.
- Bronchopleural fistula
- Suture failure in a stump after lobar pulmonary resection
- Occluded bronchial treatment
The Stening® Solid Stent MS03 medium pack, is supplied in a container that has three units of 30 mm length:
- MS910: 9mm distal diameter – 10 mm proximal diameter
- MS1011: 10mm distal diameter – 11 mm proximal diameter
- MS1112: 11mm distal diameter – 12 mm proximal diameter
- Medical grade silicone
- Bevelled edges to prevent granulomas
- Spur system to prevent migration
- Surface of maximum softness to avoid adherence of secretions
How to Use:
The Stening® Solid Stent is implanted with the help of a rigid bronchoscope and it will be required general anesthesia.
Once the location spot has been determined and its size, which is established by comparison with the known diameter of the endoscopic instruments that are being used, one or a few solid stents with the right measures, that exceed the fistulous hole diameter or the bronchus diameter, will be chosen. This is done in order to adjust the stent to the bronchus or stump where it will be hosted.
The device has an appendage at its posterior end from where it will be taken with a rigid alligator forceps.
Then the stent-forceps assembly is introduced through the bronchoscope to lead it to its final destination in the bronchus or fistula that is desired to be occluded by introducing the Stening® Solid Stent into the hole.
All the procedure described is carried out under direct vision using the optics for bronchoscopy.
The removal is done performing the inverse maneuvers.
Due to its radiopaque properties, it can be identified in the radiographies.
- Maintain the moisture of the secretions when they exist, by making frequent nebulizations with warm isotonic saline solution.
- Periodic control must be done according to medical criteria.
The product should not be reused because this can cause cross contamination.