Stening® "Y" Stent
Flexible tracheo-carino-bronchial prosthesis for supporting tracheal bifurcation and carinal angle, able to maintain ventilation through the main bronchi in very advanced obstructive conditions.
- Tracheal neoplasms.
- Long tracheobronchial neoplasm, with or without a compromise for the carina and/or its slopes.
- Neoplasms that affect both sources.
- Esophageal carcinoma with an airway invasion.
- Tracheoesophageal or tracheocutaneous fistula.
- After laser resection, cryotherapy or electrocautery, to maintain the airway opened.
- Extrinsic compression or compromise of the submucosa.
- Tracheal stenosis.
- Tracheobronchial stenosis.
- Excessive dynamic compression of the airway.
It also admits other uses according to doctor’s judgment due to its length and designing.
The Stening® “Y” has been used with success in tracheotomised patients and in mechanical respiratory assistance, in combination with tracheostomy cannula, to allow ventilation in seriously ill patients when other methods are not possible.