It provides a secondary airway. Also, it provides variable lengths for different applications. The Stening® CT cannula is provided in lengths of 60 mm to 110 mm that enable it to be used in lesions situated quite far from the precarinal trachea.
Stening® provides detailed instructions for use with each device, including insertion and removal techniques, precautions, and postoperative care.
- As a tutor, in remote tracheal lesions, precarinal, stenotic, inflammatory or other aetiologies that result in a partial occlusion that hinders the patient’s ventilation.
- Secondary access to the airway.
- Upper airway obstruction.
- Severe thyroid or cricoids cartilage injuries, hyoid bones or great vessels.
- Neck severe subcutaneous emphysema.
- Facial and jawbone fractures.
- Control of excessive secretions of the respiratory tract.
- Prevent aspiration of oral and gastric secretions.
- Preparation for head and neck invasive procedures.
- Severe sleep apnoea not susceptible of CPAP or others.
- All the tracheostomy ones.